Welcome To The North Jersey Computer Website. Microsoft and Apple Certified Staff
- PC and Mac Computer Repair Near Ridgewood, NJ
- Network Support Ridgewood, NJ
- Webcams Installed Ridgewood, NJ
- Computer Help Ridgewood, NJ
This is my "welcome page" for Ridgewood, close to where I live. If you need help with your PC, Mac, router, or ANYTHING computer or network-related, I can help you real quickly because I live so close to you! As you can read below, I am a retired Systems Analyst from a major fortune 500 company (Xerox Corporation). And since I no longer have to travel into NYC (Ugh!) everyday, I would like to use my experience and skills locally. If you need help setting up your virtual office or need to extend youyr wireless capability to the backyard so you can stream the deer, bears, and coyotes, I can help.
Below are the details of my services...
My name is Bill Sherwood. I have recently retired from 38 years of working in NYC for a corporate giant (Xerox). In my last role, which ran for 20 years, I was a Systems Analyst. My job was to connect our MFDs (Multi-Function Devices) to our customers' networks. I also provided IT consulting services, which included designing and creating new workflows for our customers. I was trusted to support some of our biggest and most important clients (Verizon, AECOM, NYPD, the National Football League, Major League Baseball, The National Hockey League, and just about all NYC Government and Federal Agencies located in NYC. That’s me in the picture at Met Life Stadium, where I provided support for the Big Game. At that event, my responsibilities were to receive the game stats quarter by quarter, and distrubute them to the huge media presence there. We did the same for post-game players' quotes. As for me, I have several Microsoft Server Certifications, in addition to Certifications with Apple and Novell. I now work independantly, primarily around North Jersey, but I do sometimes travel to other locations including Rockland County, NY, but NEVER in NYC, where I just retired from! For most of my regular customers, I have setup remote support capability. With that, I can fix most issues without a site visit. However, first time clients require a site visit. I need to get paid for my work! And speaking of pay, since I am a one-man operation, my overhead is quite low. Therefore, I can offer you my services for a fraction of what most others charge for IT support in NJ. Below is a small sample of what I provide.
Ridgewood, NJ history...
Ridgewood, New Jersey
|Ridgewood, New Jersey|
|Village of Ridgewood|
Map highlighting Ridgewood's location within Bergen County. Inset: Bergen County's location within New Jersey.
Census Bureau map of Ridgewood, New Jersey
|Coordinates: 40.981591°N 74.113506°WCoordinates: 40.981591°N 74.113506°W|
|Incorporated||November 20, 1894|
|• Type||Faulkner Act Council-Manager|
|• Body||Village Council|
|• Mayor||Susan Knudsen (term ends June 30, 2018)|
|• Manager||Heather Mailander |
|• Municipal clerk||Heather Mailander|
|• Total||5.818 sq mi (15.069 km2)|
|• Land||5.752 sq mi (14.898 km2)|
|• Water||0.066 sq mi (0.172 km2) 1.14%|
|Area rank||263rd of 566 in state
8th of 70 in county
|Elevation||85 ft (26 m)|
|Population (2010 Census)|
|• Estimate (2016)||25,533|
|• Rank||99th of 566 in state
10th of 70 in county
|• Density||4,339.0/sq mi (1,675.3/km2)|
|• Density rank||136th of 566 in state
33rd of 70 in county
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC−5)|
|• Summer (DST)||Eastern (EDT) (UTC−4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0885369|
Ridgewood is a village in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the village population was 24,958,reflecting an increase of 22 (+0.1%) from the 24,936 counted in the 2000 Census, which had in turn increased by 784 (+3.2%) from the 24,152 counted in the 1990 Census. Ridgewood is a suburban bedroom community of New York City, located approximately 20 miles (32 km) northwest of Midtown Manhattan.
- 4Parks and recreation
- 7Local media
- 9Notable people
- 10Points of interest
- 13External links
The Village of Ridgewood was created on November 20, 1894, with the same boundaries as Ridgewood Township (formerly known as Godwinville). The Village became the municipal government while the Township remained a school district. In 1902, the village added portions of Orvil Township, which were returned to Orvil Township in 1915. In 1925, Ridgewood Village acquired area from Franklin Township (remainder now dissolved as Wyckoff). On February 9, 1971, Ridgewood acquired area from Washington Township. On May 28, 1974, it acquired area from Ho-Ho-Kus. The name of the village derives from the characteristics of its terrain.
- Ackerman House (222 Doremus Avenue) - 222 Doremus Avenue (added 1983) was constructed by Johannes and Jemima Ackerman c. 1787 on their 72-acre (29 ha) property and remained in the Ackerman family until the 1920s.
- Ackerman House (252 Lincoln Avenue) - 252 Lincoln Avenue (added 1983) is a stone house constructed c. 1810 and named for either David or John Ackerman.
- David Ackerman House - 415 East Saddle River Road (added 1983).
- Ackerman-Van Emburgh House - 789 East Glen Avenue (added 1983) was built c. 1785 by John Ackerman and purchased by the Van Embergh family in 1816.
- Archibald-Vroom House - 160 East Ridgewood Avenue (added 1984).
- Beech Street School - 49 Cottage Place (added 1998).
- Paramus Reformed Church Historic District - Bounded by Franklin Turnpike, Route 17, Saddle River, south side of cemetery and Glen Avenue (added 1975). The Old Paramus Reformed Church was established in 1725, though the current building dates to 1800. During the Revolutionary War, the church was used for several years by the Continental Army, and in 1778 it was the site of the court martial of General Charles Lee.
- Rathbone-Zabriskie House - 570 North Maple Avenue (added 1983).
- Ridgewood Station - Garber Square (added 1984).
- Van Dien House - 627 Grove Street (added 1983).
- Vanderbeck House - 249 Prospect Street (added 1983).
- Westervelt-Cameron House - 26 East Glen Avenue (added 1983), constructed c. 1767 by John R. Westervelt.
- Historic Graydon Pool - Located at the corner of North Maple Ave & Linwood Ave.
Graydon began as a plot of land called Linwood Park and generously donated to the Village by resident Samuel Graydon in 1912. Before the pond that is there now, it was only the river, which is what children swam in. Every summer, Mr. Graydon would dam up the river and it would flood and create a deeper place to swim. People would picnic by the water and hold events there. Graydon remains one of the jewels of Ridgewood, treasured by residents young and old.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village had a total area of 5.818 square miles (15.069 km2), including 5.752 square miles (14.898 km2) of land and 0.066 square miles (0.172 km2) of water (1.14%).
Ridgewood's neighborhoods include:
- Downtown - The central business district of Ridgewood, "Town" is centered around East Ridgewood Avenue. This area is home to the most iconic buildings in Ridgewood, such as the Wilsey building and the Moore Building.
- Scrabbletown - Located in between East Glen Avenue, Franklin Turnpike, and the Ho-Ho-Kus Brook. Named for its lack of economic stability compared to the rest of early Ridgewood.
- The Old Country Club - Located in between Goffle Road, Rock Road, Lincoln Avenue and Godwin Avenue.
- The Heights
- Upper Ridgewood
- Salem Ridge - Located East of Route 17.
- Floral Park - Located in between Grove Street, South Pleasant, East Ridgewood Avenue and South Van Dein.
- The Lawns
|[hide]Climate data for Ridgewood, New Jersey|
|Average high °F (°C)||38
|Average low °F (°C)||19
|Average precipitationinches (mm)||3.58
If you're just starting out with a new business of your own, I can get you the web presence that you need. I designed this site Using state-of-the-art Adobe Dreamweaver software.. I'll be happy to do it for you also.
Support for Your Business
If you operate a small business, I can help you with your needs, from PC repairs/upgrades to Server installations. NOTE: I ONLY support small businesses. I did 38 years in the Corporate world in NYC. Been there...done that!
Home PC or Home Office
My support is not limited to businesses. Many people have the opportunity to work virtually (from home). I can help you keep things in check so you can work virtually without anyone knowing where you actually are! Even if you simply need a tutor to guide you thru your PC, no sweat. I handle everything from PC upgrades to Wireless Extenders to WebCams.
The term SEO refers to Search Engine Optimization. Having a beautiful and content-rich website is great...only if it can be found by your customers. Websites need to be Google, Bing, and Yahoo compliant. My site was hopefully easy to find. I can do the same for your site.
Apple Certified Support Professional
Microsoft Certified System Engineer in Windows 2000 and 2003
Microsoft Certified IT Professional in Windows Server 2008
Microsoft Certified Systems Associate in Windows Server 2012